NEW YORK — Marc Jacobs has nixed plans to show collection men’s wear in Milan this summer.
Last week the Camera Nazionale della Moda Italiana, which organizes men’s fashion week in Milan, released a provisional schedule, from which Jacobs was absent.
Company spokeswoman Kate Waters confirmed Tuesday that the designer would not have a runway show for the men’s collection this season. The fall collection will be seen by appointment.
Robert Duffy, president of Marc Jacobs International and Jacobs’ longtime business partner, made the decision after no suitable location could be found, and Jacobs’ recent stint in rehab was “not at all” a factor, according to Waters.
“Robert says he’s willing to wait until we have the right location,” she said.
Showing in Milan is still “in the cards” for future seasons, she added.