A look at some of the trends emerging on the Milan Fall 2013 runways.
• Statement coats — oversize or slim.
• Supercropped pants — now well above the ankle.
• The New Suit: Slim with ever-more details, from zip bottoms and paneling to Velcro closures.
• Sporty chic — sweats-inspired silhouettes.
• Top heavy, with voluminous, round-shouldered tops over slim bottoms.
• Oversize collars and hoods, especially in outerwear.
• Textured knits, from herringbones to cables.
• English fabrics, including Glen plaids, micro-checks, herringbones, houndstooth and tartans.
• Muted tones: inky blue, forest green, dark burgundy and violet, and camel.