Most Recent Articles In Trends and Analysis
Latest Trends and Analysis Articles
- Ad Technologies are Helping Brand Messages Cut Through the Market Din
- Using Data to Help Transform the Retail Experience
- Caruso Affiliated Revs Up Tech Strategy for Centers of the Future
More Articles By
Electronics topped consumers’ shopping lists last week, when self-purchasing proved stronger than shopping for gifts. However, toys were also strong, and some heavily promoted apparel and footwear fared well.
Among the Black Friday bestsellers:
This story first appeared in the November 26, 2012 issue of WWD. Subscribe Today.
• Deep-discounted Toshiba and Emerson flat-screen TVs.
• Smartphones and tablets.
• Furbys, Xbox 360 and Playstation 3
• Footwear, particularly boots. Nike Air Max and Rampage boots scored big.
• Coats, mainly fashion outerwear and leather jackets, including Levi’s at $99.
• Cashmere sweaters across the price spectrum.
• Oversize fuzzy throws.
• Small kitchen appliances, specifically one-cup coffeemakers.