MILAN –Diesel and Marcolin on Wednesday said they had renewed their eyewear licensing agreement, which was first inked in 2010 and meant to run through December 2018.The new agreement, which extends through 2023, grants Marcolin the exclusive right to design, produce and distribute Diesel’s optical frames and sunglasses."The early renewal of the license agreement with Diesel expresses our clear willingness to invest in prestigious and international brands in such a complex and competitive market as eyewear,” said Massimo Renon, Marcolin Group worldwide commercial general manager.As reported, last February LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton and Marcolin revealed a plan to set up a join venture.Starting in 2018, Marcolin will design and manufacture eyewear for the Céline and Louis Vuitton brands. LVMH will control 51 percent of the joint venture and Marcolin will hold the remaining 49 percent.In the run-up to the joint venture, Marcolin is launching a capital increase of 21.9 million euros, or $23.5 million at current exchange, and issuing a bond of 250 million euros, or $268.2 million, which is expected to mature in 2023.LVMH will take a 10 percent stake in Marcolin, which produces and distributes eyewear collections for brands including Tom Ford, Tod’s, Balenciaga, Moncler and Dsquared2.Marcolin listed a new revolving credit facility of up to 40 million euros, or $43 million. The company will use the funds to redeem 200 million euros, or $214.6 million, of senior secured notes due in 2019 and other short- and medium-term financing.Marcolin estimated that equity contributions to the start-up costs, capital expenditures and working capital will total between 20 million and 25 million euros, or $21.4 million and $26.8 million, over the course of the next four to five years, of which it expects to fund approximately 7 million euros, or $7.5 million, in 2017.
Taking the final spot on the mens’ portion of New York Fashion Week calendar next month will be none other than @tomford. Though he’s shown his men’s wear in New York in the past, this will mark the first time the designer has shown his men’s collection alone during New York Fashion Week: Men’s. His runway show will debut on February 6 at the Park Avenue Armory. #wwdfashion
London-based couture house @ralphandrusso has certainly been in the spotlight, having its dresses worn by @beyonce, Angelina Jolie, Meghan Markle in her engagement photos and more. For couture, Tamara Ralph focused on ornamentation — think: feathers with chain mail, jet embroidery and clusters of pearls and crystals. See the rest of the collection on WWD.com #wwdfashion #couture (📷: @giovanni_giannoni_photo)
Minnie Mouse celebrated her 90th birthday by getting her own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. For her celebratory luncheon, @coach’s creative director @stuartvevers dressed her in a custom made prairie dress, complete with Vever’s take on the polka dot – black sequined versions – under a cropped motorcycle jacket. The designer also put his own mark on Minnie’s classic red shoes, infusing the color with sparkles and adding some Coach crystals. “We chose colors that were very Minnie and also represented quintessential Coach elements,” said Vevers. #wwdfashion #nationalpolkadotday (📷: George Chinsee)
@nickjonas is unveiling his first-ever apparel collection through a partnership with John Varvatos. The limited-edition capsule, which makes its debut in spring, also marks the first time the designer has collaborated with anyone on a line. “The process in working with Nick is amazing. It’s inspiring to be around someone who is not only connected with the trade that they do, but also with what’s happening in the environment around him, and how that connects to what we do with style,” said Varvatos. (RG: @johnvarvatos) #wwdfashion
@margotrobbie steps out onto the red carpet wearing @miumiu. The actress is nominated for “Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role” in “I, Tonya” at the #SagAwards. (📷: Stewart Cook) #wwdfashion
For @massimogiorgetti of @msgm, the Nineties are his favorite decade. “They had a huge impact on my personal growth. What I like of the Nineties is that they are not so precise in terms of style as other decades…there was actually a bit of everything,” he said. As seen on MSGM’s Spring 2018 show: tie-dye and a bit of grunge, two styles that are synonymous with the decade #wwdfashion #wwddecades (📷: @kukukuba)