Emilio Pucci fall 2019 eyewear ad campaign.

MILAN — Emilio Pucci and Marcolin said Tuesday they have renewed their licensing agreement for the development, production and global distribution of eyewear for the luxury brand, which his owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton.

The new agreement, which extends through 2024, was first inked in 2015.

As reported, in 2017 LVMH and Marcolin revealed a plan to set up a joint venture, which was launched in 2018 under the Thélios moniker, with the unveiling of a state-of-the art production plant in Longarone, Italy.

LVMH controls 51 percent of the joint venture and Marcolin holds the remaining 49 percent. As part of the joint venture, Marcolin started producing eyewear collections for Celine, previously licensed to rival manufacturer Safilo, and Loewe and Fred.

Marcolin’s portfolio includes licensed brands such as Tom Ford, Bally, Moncler, Ermenegildo Zegna, Roberto Cavalli and Dsquared2, to name a few, along with the Marcolin Web label.

As reported earlier this year, Marcolin inked five-year licensing agreements with Adidas and Max Mara’s sister label Sportmax. In January, the Longarone, Italy-based manufacturer had signed a distribution deal with Los Angeles-based brand Barton Perreira, diving into the specialty eyewear market.

At the 49th edition of the three-day eyewear trade show Mido in February, Marcolin’s chief executive officer Massimo Renon was optimistic about 2019 and said in 2018 the company “has over-performed the industry in terms of gross sales, which reported a higher single-digit growth and also in terms of margin, which I believe to be one of the best in the industry.”

load comments
blog comments powered by Disqus