Besides Hall of Fame Award recipient Candy Udell, the Women’s Jewelry Association named two other honorees for its annual Awards of Excellence gala, to be held Monday at Pier 60 on the Chelsea Piers in New York.
Nominees for awards in the various retail and design categories follow as well, and will be announced at the gala.
Ben Kaiser Award: Darwin Copeman, president and chief executive officer of Jewelers Mutual Insurance Co., headquartered in Neenah, Wisc. Jewelers Mutual specializes exclusively in protecting the jewelry industry and individuals’ jewelry.
Corporate Award: Standard Chartered Bank, a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in London. The company has a primary listing on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index. It has secondary listings on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange of India.
Nominees, Awards for Excellence
Category I: Design — Fine Jewelry & Watches
1. Coomi, Coomi
2. Pamela Froman, Pamela Froman Fine Jewelry
3. Irene Neuwirth, Irene Neuwirth Inc.
4. Alex Woo, Alex Woo
Category II: Manufacturer/Dealer/Supplier for Fine Jewelry/Gemstones/Metals/Watches
1. Lita Asscher, Royal Asscher
2. Danielle Ingwer Cohen, Leo Ingwer Inc.
3. Laurie Watt, Mayer & Watt
Category III: Retail, 15 Doors or More
1. Linda Bridgewater, Fred Meyer
2. Vida Farwana, Saks Fifth Avenue
3. Patricia Watkins, Western Stone/Shane
Category IV: Retail, Fewer Than 15 Doors
1. Shannon Daly, Robbins Bros.
2. Cynthia Gould, Gould’s Diamonds and Jewelry
3. Ellen Lacy, Lacy’s
4. Joanne Teichman, Ylang23
Category V: Retail, Non-Traditional
1. Jessica Herrin, Stella & Dot
2. Angelina Chen, Circa
3. Amy Jain and Daniella Yacobovsky, Bauble Bar
4. Áslaug Magnúsdóttir, Moda Operandi
Category VI: Sales & Merchandising
1. Candace Edelman, Alex Sepkus Inc.
2. Andrea Galella, Hermès of Paris
3. Amy Jackson, Fragments
4. Jennifer O. Calleri
Category VII: Marketing & Communications
1. Caryl Capeci, Hearts On Fire
2. Amanda Gizzi, Jewelers of America
3. Rebecca Moskal, Communiqué
Category VIII: Media
1. Melissa Colgan, Martha Stewart Weddings
2. Michelle Graff, National Jeweler
3. Claudia Mata, W magazine
4. Monica Stephenson, Idazzle
Category IX: Special Services
1. Brenda Gamba, Jewelers Board of Trade
2. Debbie Hiss, Training Consultant
3. Kristie Nicolosi, The Kingswood Co.