In February, WWD Beauty Inc will publish a list of the top U.S.-based Indie beauty brands. As with the WWD Beauty Inc Top 100, this list will rank companies based on their wholesale beauty volume.
To be eligible for inclusion on the list, a company must meet ALL of the following criteria:
• It must have been founded in 2000 or later.
• At least 51 percent of the company must be owned by the original founder(s)/owner(s). A beauty conglomerate, private equity firm or venture capitalists cannot own a majority stake in the company.
If your brand meets the criteria below, please submit the following information by January 5, 2015 to Jenny B. Fine, editor of WWD Beauty Inc at firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. Brand Name/Address/Contact Information
2. Brand Founder(s)
3. Brand Ownership Structure
4. Year Founded
5. Total wholesale beauty sales for the 2014 calendar year in U.S. currency. If your company’s fiscal year is not on a calendar-year basis, please send an estimate of the firm’s beauty wholesale sales from Jan. 1, 2014-Dec. 31, 2014. You will not be cited as the source of this information unless you choose to be.
This list does NOT include brands sold in the professional channel. If over 51 percent of your sales are in the professional channel, you are not eligible for the list.
You May Also Like
For this ranking, “beauty sales” are wholesale revenues of your company’s products, including fragrance, makeup, skin care, sun care, hair care and deodorant, plus cellulite and shaving products. They do not include sales from beauty services or of functional bar soaps (so to be considered, soaps must have skin-care functions and/or be merchandized as part of a beauty assortment), beauty appliances such as hairdryers or Clarisonic-style facial cleansing devices, razors, toothpaste, foods and diet foods, medicines, vitamins or detergents. Revenues should only reflect sales of beauty products your company markets. They should not include business from private-label lines produced for other companies or products distributed for other firms.
5. Retail Channels: Please list all of the major online, electronic and brick and mortar retailers where your brand is sold.
6. Brand Categories: What categories of product does your brand manufacture?
7. Price Range — what is the price range of your brand, from low to high, with a product example for each.
8. Two or three bestselling SKU’s in your brand’s key categories
9. Mission Statement
10. Total number of global markets sold in and top three markets.