MILAN — Judging from its Jan. 11 acquisition of the Romeo Gigli perfume and cosmetic exclusive distribution license, recently formed Italian company ITF SpA isn’t wasting any time snatching up perfume and cosmetic licenses from “Made in Italy” luxury brands. The company, formed in October 2001 through an agreement between Industrie Cosmetiche Riunite SpA president Roberto Martone and IT Holding, hit the ground running by picking up the license for Roberto Cavalli fragrances and cosmetics. Cavalli’s first fragrance, Roberto Cavalli, will hit shelves in September 2002, accompanied by a line of bath products.

Martone also is planning a new Romeo Gigli women’s fragrance, to launch in October 2002, and is currently working on the relaunch of Romeo and Romeo Gigli d’Edt. Development and distribution of ITF-licensed products will be taken over by ITF, while ICR will concentrate on production. Martone has a 20 percent share in the company, while luxury goods firm IT Holding controls the remaining 80 percent through its subsidiary, Ibex. Fully owned brands like Exte and Romeo Gigli, as well as brands under license such as Just Cavalli and D&G, are controlled by IT Holding.

load comments
blog comments powered by Disqus