Backstage at Peter Pilotto RTW Spring 2020

LONDON — Peter Pilotto and Christopher De Vos have confirmed plans to suspend the label, and said the future could still see them working together — or apart.

The confirmation follows a report in WWD on Thursday.

“We are pausing the Peter Pilotto brand, and are grateful to our investors who have supported us,” said the design duo, emphasizing that they will continue to own the Peter Pilotto brand.

The designers said that after “12 exhilarating years of collaboration,” they have decided to take a break, and will reassess “all aspects” of the future of the brand, its structure, business model and operations.

“We have loved working together, and love what we have created with Peter Pilotto,” they added.

“The brand is a true blend of our passions and creativity, but we need time to pause and rethink before we explore our next steps in this rapidly changing world. We are excited about our next phase, whether separately or jointly.”

As reported, MH Luxe and Megha Mittal took an undisclosed stake in the company in 2015, the year after Pilotto and De Vos scooped the 2014 British Fashion Council/Vogue Designer Fashion Fund.

According to an official filing, the label’s holding company Pilotto De Vos Ltd. is, over the next three months, set to be removed from the Companies House business register in the U.K. and will cease to exist as an active entity.

Until recently, the brand had been in expansion mode, moving its runway show to Milan for the spring 2020 season and unveiling luxury homeware, handbag and accessories collections last year.

In the fall of 2018, the designers created Princess Eugenie’s wedding dress when she married Jack Brooksbank at St. George’s Chapel in Windsor.