By  on January 10, 2020

MILAN — The beginning of a new year is an opportunity to take stock of the previous one and to map out future projects and Micaela Le Divelec Lemmi, chief executive officer of Salvatore Ferragamo, is doing just that, reflecting on her first 18 months leading the storied Florence-based fashion group, at a time when war does not seem such a far-flung concept and the protests in Hong Kong, which hit Ferragamo’s performance in 2019, continue to weigh on luxury brands.

On the eve of Ferragamo’s return to Milan with a men’s-only show on Jan. 12, following a few seasons of coed shows and a runway event held last June in Florence during Pitti Uomo, Le Divelec Lemmi said the move was “a natural consequence” of last year’s decision, to give the brand’s men’s wear “all the dignity it deserves.” Today, Ferragamo’s men’s wear division accounts for around 40 or 45 percent of sales, depending on the region, said the executive, and is “a particularly important business in some of our reference markets.”

To continue reading this article...

To Read the Full Article
SUBSCRIBE NOW

Tap into our Global Network

Of Industry Leaders and Designers