Nike Inc. tweaked its lineup with a series of promotions Thursday.
• Nineteen-year veteran Phil McCartney was named vice president, general manager of Nike Footwear starting June 1.
• Tom Peddie, who is vice president, general manager of emerging markets will move to vice president, general manager of integrated marketplace North America, on July 1.
• Ann Hebert was named vice president, general manager of emerging markets as of July 1.
• Christophe Merkel was tapped as vice president, general manager of Nike Japan, as of July 1, shifting from general manager of Nike Turkey.
• Jim Reynolds, was named general manager of athletic specialty effective June, moving in from Nike Japan.
Nike, which logged revenues of $30.6 billion last year, is a powerful competitor in the athletic space, aiming for annual sales of $50 billion by 2020.
But the company has to stay fresh with more brands establishing a presence in activewear and Under Armour Inc. working hard to build its market share, signing deals with both marquee players and school athletic programs as it seeks to expand its brand.