SPOTTING THE FAKE: The man who has been impersonating Jane fashion director Kusum Lynn and various other Condé Nast employees has been found! Or, at least a photo of him has been located on the Web.

WWD was alerted to an image on Patrickmcmullan.com on Friday by someone who has had multiple run-ins “with the little creep.” The picture shows a short-in-stature, dark-skinned man identified as “Prianta Silva,” posing with a blonde woman captioned “Christina Wiltsee.”

“He’s very crafty,” said the source. “He’ll use an e-mail that ends in condenastonline.com, so he must have registered that domain. He’s also been claiming to be a producer from ‘Crash.’ There’s a real company called Red Wagon Entertainment, and he often says he’s from Red Wagon Films.”

He has also, according to another caller, been attending charity benefits as Vogue senior editor of special projects Alexandra Kotur.

Perhaps someone should notify the authorities.

“He’s linked his name to a variety of Vogue editors, including Alexandra,” said a Vogue spokesman. “As I understand it, when he goes to those events, he writes his own check. And then I presume they bounce.”
Sara James

GROVE’S ROOTS: A copy of a new seating chart that circulated at the New York Daily News late last week sparked renewed interest in the fate of gossip columnist Lloyd Grove. The chart, which showed a reorganized features department, did not allot a place for Grove to sit. Employees believed this might finally signal the end of Grove’s time at the paper. However, as Grove put it Friday, “This is not a tea leaf worth reading.”

Managing editor of features Orla Healy said, “I am physically reorganizing the features department. It’s just a little housekeeping that affects the features and art departments. It has nothing to do with Lloyd.”

While George Rush and Joanna Molloy and their gossip pod will be moving, Grove, it seems, will remain at his current desk, on the edge of the features department near the business section. “I am an island of tranquility,” he said, happy to be staying put. “I don’t even have to clean up. My messy desk isn’t encroaching on anything.” Grove, as usual, declined to comment on his ongoing contract negotiations, saying only, “I am ecstatic that whatever happens, I might outlast the media writers at WWD.”
Sara James

This story first appeared in the July 17, 2006 issue of WWD. Subscribe Today.

CARGO MISSING: It’s like the magazine never even existed.

The Manhattan Sailing School in North Cove Marina, which is sponsored by Condé Nast, parent of WWD, is adding more boats to its fleet. Each boat at the Sailing School flies the flag of a magazine in the Condé Nast stable, and during weekly regattas, the boats race against each other, pitting Vanity Fair against, say, Bon Appetit. But one flag that flew above a boat last year disappeared this season. “I am not sure what happened to the Cargo flag,” said the harbor’s commodore, Michael Fortenbaugh. “At end of every season, flags are looking a bit worn, so it is important that we dispose of them and only fly bright new flags every spring.”

Fortenbaugh added, “The boats are all doing great this year. We have expanded our docks and the number of boats at North Cove. We have added more flags, and two more boats will also join our North Cove fleet later this month.”

Clearly it’s a busy time for Fortenbaugh, who was in Monaco earlier in the summer to meet with Prince Albert Grimaldi about creating a Monaco-to-New York race. And then there’s the occasional celebrity to entertain at North Cove. “Stone Phillips of Dateline was down sailing on Friday with his nephew Ben,” he said.
S.J.

load comments
blog comments powered by Disqus