Sequential Brands Group Inc. has closed the acquisition of the Jessica Simpson brand. The company has purchased a majority interest in the brand, including the Jessica Simpson Collection master license and other rights.

The company projects 12-month royalty revenues between $88 million and $90 million, and $53 million to $55 million of adjusted earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization from its total brand portfolio. Annual retail sales for Jessica Simpson are about $1 billion.

Simpson markets 31 product categories ranging from footwear and apparel to fashion accessories, fragrance, girls clothing and a home line. The lines are distributed through such department stores as Macy’s, Belk, Dillard’s, Lord & Taylor and Nordstrom. Financing for the acquisition was provided by Bank of America and GSO Capital Partners LP, an affiliate of Blackstone Group.

The company has in excess of $250 million of aggregate contractual guaranteed minimum royalties under its existing licenses as of the close of this transaction.

For the fiscal year 2015, Sequential is increasing projected revenue to $78 million to $81 million and boosting projected adjusted EBITDA to $48 million to $50.5 million. Besides Simpson, Sequential’s brands include And 1, Avia, footwear brand Nevados, Linens-N-Things, Ellen Tracy, Revo, Caribbean Joe, William Rast, The Franklin Mint and Heelys.

As reported, for the Simpson deal, Sequential entered into a purchase agreement with With You Inc., a California corporation; Corny Dog Inc., (“Corny Dog” and, together with WYI, the “sellers”); With You LLC, a Delaware limited liability company (“NewCo”), and Jessica Simpson, in her capacity as the sole stockholder of each of the “sellers.” Sequential acquired membership interests in NewCo for an aggregate price of $117.5 million in cash and 97,087 shares of common stock of Sequential. Sequential will own 62.5 percent of the outstanding membership interests in NewCo, and With You Inc. will own the remaining 37.5 percent.

load comments
blog comments powered by Disqus