MILAN — Golden Goose Deluxe Brand, the Italian high-end fashion label founded in 2000 by Alessandro Gallo and Francesca Rinaldo, has unveiled its first flagship here.

Located on Via Cusani in the Brera district, the 2,153-square-foot store carries the label’s women’s, men’s and children’s ready-to-wear and accessories collections, along with the Haus/GGDB contemporary line.

“The brand is very popular for its accessories, including sneakers and boots, while the ready-to-wear is still niche,” said Roberta Benaglia, chief executive officer of DGPA SGR, which controls the private equity fund that last January acquired a 75 percent stake in the company from its founders, who currently own the remaining 25 percent. “The flagship store will enable us to show the entire collections, giving more visibility to the men’s and women’s clothes.” 

In order to stimulate customers’ curiosity, the interiors consist of Lego-inspired oak blocks, which can be moved to easily change the look of the space. In addition, clothes are not shown on mannequins but are contextualized in specific sets to re-create a lifestyle concept. A small range of products, including jewelry, candles and fragrances, from other exclusive  brands will also find a place next to GGDB items.

 

Benaglia said that the concept is going to be exported abroad. Later this month, the company will open a shop-in-shop in Seoul, Korea, while two additional flagships are expected to open in Paris and Tokyo in 2014. The brand is also evaluating the possibility of introducing a boutique in New York and is planning to open corners at department stores Galeries Lafayette and Selfridges.

According to Benaglia, GGDB is expected to close 2013 with sales up 45 percent compared with the previous year, posting revenues of 30 million euros, or $40.8 million at current exchange rate.

load comments
blog comments powered by Disqus