In the number-two spot was Tommy Hilfiger with #TommyFall16, with 14,000 mentions, and Coach in third with 6,200 mentions for #CoachFall2016.
Brandwatch said from Feb. 10 to 18 “New York Fashion Week” was mentioned more than 561,000 times on social media — Twitter as well as public Facebook and Instagram accounts. The “overall conversation was dominatingly favorable as 96.2 percent of all sentiment-categorized mentions were positive,” the company said, adding that women “also drove the NYFW discussion as 73.7 percent of all mentions came from women.”
Brandwatch noted that many of the designers launched custom hashtags for their NYFW shows. “These hashtags allowed their followers live and behind-the-scene looks at all the happenings from their favorite designers,” Brandwatch analysts said. “Amongst the top-performing designer hashtags, we see that two celebrity/brand collaborations took two of the top-four spots.”
Aside from Puma and Rihanna, the fourth most-popular hashtag was #YeezySeason3 with 6,000 mentions, for the Adidas and Kanye West event. “It is important to note that these are the top-performing hashtags within the New York Fashion Week conversation; meaning each post must include a mention of NYFW and one of the designer hashtags,” the analysts said.
The firm also noted that Kanye West released new music simultaneously “with his new season of Yeezy apparel. While this move certainly demanded attention and headlines, the album might have taken mentions away from the fashion line.”
The Top 12 Mentioned Hashtags During New York Fashion Week:
1. #FentyXPuma — Puma and Rihanna with nearly 35,000 mentions.
2. #TommyFall16 — Tommy Hilfiger, more than 14,000 mentions.
3. #CoachFall2016 — Coach, over 6,200 mentions.
4. #YeezySeason3 — Adidas and Kanye West, nearly 6,000 mentions.
5. #AllAccessKors — Michael Kors, nearly 4,300 mentions
6. #MyCalvins — Calvin Klein, more than 2,500 mentions.
7. #DVF — Diane von Furstenberg, more than 2,500 mentions.
8. #MeetMeAtPolo — Ralph Lauren, over 2,100 mentions.
9. #ToryBurchFW16 — Tory Burch, more than 1,100 mentions.
10. #AWF16 — Alexander Wang, over 1,000 mentions.
11. #BOSSFashionShow — Boss, around 700 mentions.
12. #McQAW16 — McQ (Alexander McQueen), around 700 mentions.