Beauty companies want to bring high-tech solutions to the face, while fashion looks to new wearables. Below, a quick look at some of the fashion, beauty and retail-related announcements and cameo appearances at CES 2019.
- Procter & Gamble: Olay Skin Adviser update, Olay “Future You Simulation” and Smart Wand
- Procter & Gamble: Opté Precision Skincare System from startup incubator P&G Ventures
- Procter & Gamble: SK-II’s Future X Smart Store
- L’Oréal USA: My Skin Track pH from La Roche-Posay
- Johnson & Johnson: Neutrogena MaskiD
- Chico’s: Soma’s SomaInnoFit bra-fitting garment and app
- Fossil Group / Kate Spade New York: Scallop Smartwatch
- Laipac Technology: LooK Watch standalone smartwatch, German Design Awards 2019 winner
- Perfect Corp.: AI Live Hair Color update for ombre and multicolor applications
- Perfect Corp.: Cosmetics recognition based on magazine images or candid photos
- Perfect Corp.: Skin diagnostics tool and foundation finder
- Perfect Corp.: Partnership with Ulta Beauty
- HiMirror: HiMirror Mini and HiMirror Enterprise
- Lululab: Lumini AI skincare assistant
- Softbank and Simbe: Pepper and Tally’s partnership for a smart robotic retail system
- Aipoly: Poly Autonomous Store Platform
- E-Vone: Fall detection smart shoes
- CareOS: Artemis smart mirror
- Lotus823: Runtopia Reach smart running shoes
MIA: Promobot V.4
Russian robotics firm Promobot said version four of its retail robot was run over by a self-driving Tesla S right before CES 2019 got under way. The incident, which occurred near the Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino, incurred serious physical damage to the unit.
The robot arrived in Las Vegas to showcase capabilities including recognizing and remembering shoppers, conversing with them, printing photos and providing detailed reports for retailers.