IMG has released the preliminary programing for New York Fashion Week: The Shows, in addition to updates to its designer schedule. Events will take place from Sept. 4 to 11 at Spring Studios, with additional shows offsite throughout New York.
Among the key events:
Artist in Residence: Recognizing the work of artist Ashley Longshore, including a custom installation at NYFW: The Shows.
NYFW: The Talks: IMG’s series of in-depth conversations with industry leaders, artists and icons, including:
- Responsible Revolution: Model Amber Valletta, Parson’s School of Fashion dean Burak Cakmak and designer Phillip Lim talk sustainable sourcing and material innovation with “Fashionopolis” author Dana Thomas in partnership with The Woolmark Co.
- Meet E!’s Front Five: The cast of E!’s biannual NYFW docuseries including IMG models Halima Aden and Lily Aldridge, actress Luna Blaise, and fashion designers Jason Wu and Kim Shui discuss what inspires them and influences their style and what they hope to encounter at this season’s shows.
- In Conversation With Negin Mirsalehi, presented by Express: International style influencer Negin Mirsalehi discusses the evolution of her business.
- Innovation on Trend, presented by SAP: Fashion industry leaders discuss new ways they utilize technology to create immersive experiences with Rag & Bone founder Marcus Wainwright, SpecialGuest co-founder Aaron Duffy, Cirque du Soleil entertainment group chief creative officer Diane Quinn, and SAP global chief marketing officer Alicia Tillman.
- Breaking Tradition in Streetwear, presented by The Glenlivet: Photographer and designer Christelle de Castro with designer, DJ and director Va$htie, and Chinatown Market chief creative officer Mike Cherman discuss breaking boundaries and expectations in the streetwear space. The conversation will be moderated by Jake Woolf, editorial director and cofounder of SEAM.
- Women on the Move: Author and Teen Vogue editor in chief Lindsay Peoples Wagner, Chromat designer Becca McCharen-Tran and model and activist Lauren Wasser on how they hope to move the fashion industry forward through change both on and off the runway. The conversation will be moderated by Mary Ann Reilly, senior vice president, North America marketing, Visa.
Other special events include:
- Breakfast of Champions, presented by Wheaties: Serena Williams and Endeavor’s chief marketing officer, Bozoma Saint John, will look at what it means to be a champion, using their platforms to inspire the next generation.
- Models Love Etihad Airways: Top models will toast their partnership, celebrating three years of Etihad flying fashion’s models.
- Workout with Tory Sport: Tory Sport is hosting a workout class with refreshments on the Spring Place rooftop garden terrace.
The digital home for NYFW: the Shows will be NYFW.com, and @NYFW across Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
In updates to its preliminary schedule, NYFW: The Show will feature the collections of designers including Kate Spade New York, Maki Oh, Mansur Gavriel, Michael Kors, Proenza Schouler, Staud, The Blonds x Moulin Rouge! The Musical, Vaquera, CDLM/Creatures of the Wind and Section 8.