WILMOT TO LEAVE CONDE NAST
NEW YORK — Paul Wilmot is leaving his job as vice president, director of public relations at Conde Nast Publications.
Wilmot intends to start his own consulting firm, and Conde Nast will be his first client.
“We are very pleased to announce that we have signed a long-term consulting deal with Paul,” Steven T. Florio, president and chief executive officer of Conde Nast, said Tuesday. “He is one of the most competent public relations executives I have ever worked with.”
Wilmot, 50, will be free to seek out other clients.
“It’s a great opportunity to stay involved with the best publishing company in the world and, at the same time, have the challenge of working with other marketers,” Wilmot said.
Wilmot has been with Conde Nast for six years and was previously senior vice president, public relations and communications at Calvin Klein Inc.
Wilmot has worked most closely at Conde Nast with Florio and Anna Wintour, editor in chief of Vogue, and as a consultant, he will continue to work with them.
Among his major projects at Conde Nast have been the 7th on Sale extravanganza; the 1995 Metropolitan Museum’s Costume Institute gala, chaired by Wintour, and the Super Sale to benefit the Nina Hyde Center for Breast Cancer Research in Washington, D.C., last year. “Raising between $10 million and $12 million for charity has been the highlight of my career,” said Wilmot.
Wilmot’s successor has not been named yet.