HOT SELLERS: THE TOP 10 HOLIDAY GIFTS
ATLANTA — Creative retailers stocked up on unique accessories and gift items for impulse Christmas buys. Here, 10 bestsellers:
* Beaded and cut-glass vintage “Melrose Place” necklaces and matching earrings by Hana Leia Designs, which sold 75 units at Rexer Parks, Atlanta, at $55 to $100.
* Personalized necklaces by Family Trees Unlimited, which sold 200 units at The Bilthouse, Atlanta, at $6.
* Gift coins in various denominations and equivalent prices, of which Isaacson’s, Atlanta, sold at least $5,000 worth.
* Glow-in-the-dark candles by Glowing Candle, which sold 40 units at Simply Elegant, Atlanta, at $10 and $15.
* Magnetic Poetry Kits, by Magnetic Poetry, which sold 60 units at Mooncakes, Virginia-Highlands, Atlanta, at $19.50.
* Lighted pepper mills by Mr. Dudley, which sold two dozen at Cage, Virginia Beach, at $26.
* Silver scoop by Vagabond House, which sold a dozen units at $62 at Marigail Mathis, five Southeast locations.
* Soft chenille gloves from Designs by Gail, which sold 100 units at Coming Attractions, Memphis, at $24 .
* Ceramic “Bad Hair Day” doll by Roy Overcast, which sold eight dozen units in six Southeast My Place stores, at $35.
* Mixed-metal necklaces with charms by Elite Fashions, which sold 50 units at Cloister Collection, St. Simons, Ga., at $60.