INTIMATE APPAREL SALON
NEW YORK — A substantial international contingent of innerwear vendors is helping to make the March edition of Intimate Apparel Salon the biggest yet, according to Carol Bigman, show organizer.
Now in it’s sixth year, the trade show to be held March 11-13 at the Doral Tuscany Hotel here, will be featuring close to a third more lines than a year ago — some 180 lines of innerwear and related boudoir accessories.
“This will be the first time that exhibitors will be showing on the sixth floor, totaling five floors,” said Bigman. “It’s really growing with a strong international flavor. Foreign vendors will represent about half of the show.”
Bigman noted there will be a “strong representation from Italy and Canada. We also will be showing an Australian label for the first time.”
Among the new international exhibitors are Little Kiss, a foundations label from Spain; Ballet International, a foundations line from Ireland; Janet Reger, an upscale foundations and sleepwear label from London; Vittoria sleepwear from Italy; foundations by Giorgi, another Italian label, and Hedrena, an Australian maker of merino wool daywear and at-homewear.
Key trends will include:
* Lavish lace embellishments on a wide assortment of pieces — from bras and panties to sleepgowns.
* Glamorous, Hollywood-inspired slipgowns.
* Baby dolls.
* Long and short plush-looking robes of cotton terry.
* At-homewear items, such as Seventies-inspired hostess gowns.
* Sexy looks — especially little allover lace push-up bras with coordinating panties and garter belts.
* Shapewear items that cinch the waist and lift the derriere.
The salon show will stage three hour-long informal fashion shows: Monday, March 11, at 11 a.m.; Tuesday, March 12, at 4 p.m., and Wednesday, March 13, at 1 p.m.