WOZNIAK TO GALYAN’S AS CFO
NEW YORK — Edward Wozniak has joined Galyan’s as chief financial officer.
He assumes the responsibility from Joel Silverman, president and chief operating officer, who had been acting chief financial officer.
Wozniak most recently was senior vice president and chief administrative officer of David’s Bridal, where he was instrumental in taking the company public and later helping to orchestrate its sale to May Department Stores.
He served in both the corporate office and with the MainStreet division of Federated Department Stores. He’s also held financial posts with Melville’s This End Up furniture division, Thom McAn Shoes, Egghead and Cole Gift.
Galyan’s, based in Plainfield, Ind., is a privately held marketer of outdoor-oriented sporting goods sold through 21 doors nationwide. Freeman Spogli bought 60 percent of the company in 1999 while The Limited, of which Galyan’s was previously a wholly owned division, holds the remaining 40 percent of the firm’s stock.