Wednesday: 7-11:15 p.m.
Theme of the Day: A Land of Opportunity
This story first appeared in the September 1, 2004 issue of WWD. Subscribe Today.
Speakers and Agenda:
- Vice President Dick Cheney, Lynne Cheney and Labor Secretary Elaine Chao.
- Keynote address by Sen. Zell Miller (D., Ga.).
- Nomination of Candidates for President and Vice President.
- Roll Call of States.
- 8:13 a.m. The Unemployment Line: From Wall Street, up Broadway, to Seventh Avenue and Madison Square Garden.
- 3 p.m.: Say No to CAFTA: March along Eighth Avenue from West 16th to West 23rd Streets.
- 4 p.m.: Central Labor Council March to Stop Bush, Eighth Avenue and West 30th Street.
- 6 p.m.: Mass Panty Flash Against Bush, Battery Park.
- 7 p.m.: March Against Corporate Media, West 52nd Street at Sixth Avenue.
- 7 p.m.: National Organization for Women rally, East Meadow, Central Park.
Parties and Events:
- 12:30 p.m.: Kudlow & Cramer luncheon at Restaurant Daniel, 60 East 65th Street.
- 3 p.m.: Asprey party for RNC at its store, 56th Street and Fifth Avenue.
- 11 p.m.: Amigos de America and Gov. George Pataki host New York and Puerto Rico delegations party, Copacabana, 560 West 34th Street.
- 11 p.m.: California delegation party at Tavern on the Green.