DALLAS — The Dallas Market Center, parent of FashionCenterDallas, has announced nominees for the 30th annual Dallas Fashion Awards, which honor firms for style, quality and retail sell-through.
This year’s competition includes seven fewer categories in a bid to streamline the event, and a new category called Modern Wear, market center officials said. The nominees in the single men’s wear category, Best of Men’s, as well as Best of Scene, and the the winner of the Fashion Excellence Award will be announced this summer.
Three nominees in eight competitive categories were chosen by a panel of trend experts, fashion editors and representatives from fashion-industry associations.
Retailers will decide who wins the prizes, and most voting will take place during market here Aug. 18-21, though stores can download a ballot from the Internet at dallasmarketcenter.com. Votes will be accepted through Sept. 9.
The eight category winners will be named during a gala at 7 p.m. on Oct. 29 in the Great Hall of the former International Apparel Mart at 2350 Stemmons Freeway here. The nominees are:
- Accessories: Hobo, Helen Kaminski, Michael Simon.
- After 5: Chetta B, Demetrios Evening, Gilar.
- Children’s Wear: Cach Cach, Le Top, ZaZa Couture.
- Contemporary: BCBG Max Azria, Joystick, Diane von Furstenberg.
- Bridge/Designer: DeSentino, Alberto Makali, Emil Rutenberg.
- Denim: Blue Cult, Joe’s Jeans, True Religion.
- Jewelry: Barse, Deborah Grivas Designs, Dian Malouf.
- Modern Wear: Bentley A, Elliott Lauren, Tribal.