• 2014: Sandra Bullock wears an Alexander McQueen gown, priced at $40,000 for her best actress nod in Gravity.
• 2014: Jessica Biel’s beaded nude Chanel gown is said to be worth $100,000.
This story first appeared in the February 18, 2015 issue of WWD. Subscribe Today.
• 2014: Cate Blanchett’s opal earrings from Chopard’s “Red Carpet Collection” feature 62 opals (33.03 carats) and 1.73ct of diamonds set in 18k white gold, worth nearly $200,000.
• 2013: Charlize Theron dons an all-white Christian Dior Haute Couture gown reportedly worth $100,000. In 2014, she wears a similar silhouette, this time in black, from Dior that prices out around $90,000, with Harry Winston’s cluster diamond pendant necklace featuring a 31-carat colorless and flawless emerald-cut diamond, valued at $15 million.
• 2011: Anne Hathaway wears a Tiffany Lucida round brilliant diamond necklace in platinum, worth an estimated $10 million.
• 2011: Amy Adams’ emerald and diamond necklace with matching emerald and diamond secret watch from Cartier costs more t han $1 million.
• 2009: Angelina Jolie wears 115-carat Colombian emerald drop earrings by Lorraine Schwartz valued at $2.5 million.
• 2007: Kate Winslet’s one-shoulder mint green Valentino gown, worn for her best actress nomination in the film Little Children, is worth a reported $100,000.
• 2007: Cate Blanchett wears a dark gray, one-shoulder Armani Privé gown encrusted with Swarovski crystals and worth a reported $200,000.