NEW YORK — The ACE Awards gala isn’t taking place for a few more months, but the winners can start readying their outfits for the big night.
The Accessories Council has named the recipients of the annual awards, which will be given out for the seventh time on Nov. 3 at a ceremony and dinner at Cipriani 42nd Street in Manhattan.
Five awards will be given to vendors and retailers that have increased consumer use and awareness of accessories, according to the Accessories Council.
The winners this year are:
- Designer of the Year: Reed Krakoff for Coach.
- Rising Star Award for Emerging Talent: Hollywould.
- Retailer of the Year: Henri Bendel.
- Best Advertising Campaign: Bottega Veneta.
- “It” Accessory of the Year: Eye Love Monogram handbag by Takashi Murakami for Louis Vuitton.
As reported, Coach will receive the Hall of Fame Award and Echo Design Group is being honored with a special recognition in honor of its 80th year in business.
There are seven sponsors of the event this year: Cadillac, Avon, Swarovski, QVC, In Style, Safilo Group, Ghurka and WWD. A portion of the proceeds from the event will benefit Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS.
The council also said that it would honor what it’s calling “The Women of Broadway,” actresses in Broadway shows, past and present, and how they have brought fashion/accessories to the forefront while onstage.