JESSICA’S DEAL: Sequential Brands Group Inc., which entered into an agreement last week to acquire a majority stake in the Jessica Simpson brand, including the Jessica Simpson Collection master license and other rights, revealed details of the deal in a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission Tuesday. According to the filing, Sequential entered into a purchase agreement with With You Inc., a California corporation; Corny Dog Inc., (“Corny Dog” and, together with WYI, the “sellers”); With You LLC, a Delaware limited liability company (“NewCo”), and Jessica Simpson, in her capacity as the sole stockholder of each of the “sellers.” Sequential will acquire membership interests in NewCo for an aggregate price of $117.5 million in cash and 97,087 shares of common stock of Sequential. Consequently, Sequential will own 62.5 percent of the outstanding membership interests in NewCo, and With You Inc. will own the remaining 37.5 percent.

This story first appeared in the April 8, 2015 issue of WWD. Subscribe Today.