Two showrooms and a number of labels will show in Dallas for the first time at the June market.
This story first appeared in the May 25, 2011 issue of WWD. Subscribe Today.
• Western-inspired contemporary fashion dominates Scott Neighbors’ showroom in room 15810 featuring Barn Fly Trading shirts, Jack Flash T-shirts and hats, Let’er Buck Cologne, Liberty embellished western boots and Tumbleweed Ranch clothing.
• Chasensully, a moderately priced contemporary vendor, has taken 15016 as a corporate showroom to present its clothing, accessories and jewelry. Tiffany Foster, who owns Goosefeathers boutique in Corpus Christi, Texas, co-founded the brand in 2007 with her friend Kelly Cortese. The pair plan to unveil a new label at the show called Scout.
• Big Buddha, a division of Steve Madden built on trendy handbags, has expanded into belts, shoes and sunglasses that all will be shown at Rosanne Saginaw & Associates. In addition, Saginaw will introduce Patricia Nash Lione leather handbags influenced by Forties styling and belts by Lodis, which represent an extension of the small leathergoods brand.
• Vizcaino, a new line of premium denim with contemporary styling and rises suited to middle-aged figures, bows at Brad Hughes & Associates. Vizcaino is made by Carrera Apparel, a Los Angeles company that formerly manufactured David Kahn jeans. Hughes also will present men’s and women’s detailed tailored shirts by Georg Roth Los Angeles.
• Margo’s Collectibles will introduce Alma/Soul, a colorful collection of embroidered clothing and accessories with South American flair. A share of Alma/Soul’s profits supports needy children in Peru.
• Colletta showroom will unveil Lumiere, a casual contemporary sportswear line highlighted by novelty knits.
• Freebird, a tops-driven contemporary line, and Tresix, a “trendy basics” group of tops, are two collections by Damo Textile of Los Angeles that will show for the first time in Dallas at Leon & Associates.
• The Scene juried contemporary show will feature several newcomers: Adam by Adam Lippes, Ava Gray New York, Blue Tassel, Colorfast Apparel, Drue Dun, Karen Zambos Vintage Couture and Zia Couture Jewelry. Plus, Betsey Johnson will be back.