Pal Zileri presentation at Milano Fashion Week Men's fall 2017.
MILAN — Forall SpA is beefing up its executive ranks. Maurizio Beffa was appointed chief commercial officer of the Italian men's wear group, while Bryan La Vine was tapped as managing director of Forall USA.Beffa is in charge of overseeing the wholesale and retail divisions of the Pal Zileri brand and to expand that business globally. Most recently, Beffa held strategic commercial retail and wholesale posts at Belstaff and Tod's Group.La Vine is joining Forall's New York subsidiary from Bergdorf Goodman to help boost the U.S. market, which is considered key for the growth of the company. He reports to Beffa.Before Bergdorf Goodman, La Vine was a top-level executive at Amazon.com and Barneys New York.The two appointments reflect a new path charted by Forall owner Mayhoola Group to develop its business around the world. Last October, Giovanni Mannucci joined as chief executive officer from Boglioli, succeeding Paolo Roviera, who went to head Corneliani.In July last year, Mayhoola took full control of Pal Zileri through the acquisition of 100 percent of parent company Forall Confezioni SpA, representing the fund’s commitment to expand the brand in the long-term.The investment vehicle backed by a private investor group from Qatar first took a 65 percent stake in Forall in 2014. Arafa Holding held the remaining 35 percent of the firm. Financial details of the transaction were not disclosed.The Qatari investors also own Valentino and Balmain and have a stake in Anya Hindmarch.Founded in 1980, the Quinto Vicentino, Italy-based Pal Zileri was previously owned by a group of Italian entrepreneurs, including the Barizza, Bellet, Miola and Ghiringhelli families, along with the Egyptian Arafa Holding. Mayhoola bought its 65 percent stake in the company from the Italian investors.In the Eighties, Forall collaborated with Luciano Soprani, Verri, Antonio Fusco, Krizia, Trussardi and Moschino to produce and distribute their men’s lines. The company went on to expand in the Nineties and developed Pal Zileri into a classic, highly crafted brand that employs top fabrics ranging from cashmere and guanaco to vicuña and is available in more than 70 countries.Creative director Mauro Ravizza Krieger, who has worked with Caruso, Loro Piana, Herno and Luciano Barbera and whose first collection for Pal Zileri bowed in January 2015, was tapped to revamp the label.Pal Zileri collections are made in Italy. The company leverages one production unit in Quinto Vicentino, Italy.
From overseeing America’s fastest-growing speciality retailers to codifying cool, WWD talked to the women who are leading the way for the future of beauty. Check out our Instagram Stories to see how these women built today and are creating tomorrow. (📸: @hannah_khymych) #wwdbeauty
For @laperlalingerie's spring 2018 show, the brand chose to host their event at @thevenetianmacao. With Chinese megastars @bingbing_fan and @hubing in attendance, La Perla debuted a rock ‘n’ roll-inspired collection. The show marked the start of Sands Macao Fashion Week, which runs from October 19 to 24 — the city’s first such event. Pictured here are models backstage with glimmering eyes. #wwdfashion (📷: Cheuk-Yin To)
Trending for spring 2018: top stitch design. Gone are the days of stitch just for seams — designers are using the once-minimal detail to create strong decorative elements. (📷: Paola Testa; Styled by @andrew_shang) #wwdfashion
@tradesy is turning the concept of a showroom upside down with its new space in Santa Monica. Here, the company plans to hold events, art exhibits and a showcase rare fashion pieces like this Louis Vuitton boxing set. Get all the details on Tradesy’s first showroom on WWD.com. #wwdnews
Spotted last night at the @erdem x @hm launch event: Kate Bosworth, Rashida Jones, Kirsten Dunst and Selma Blair. The party, which took place in LA, also marked the opening of their pop-up shop. “I was interested in creating a collection that wasn’t in any way disposable. It was about pieces you’d create and keep forever, things that have a permanence to it,” designer Erdem Moralioglu said. #wwdeye (📷: Katie Jones)
Renee Zellweger in yellow in 2001 and again in 2017. Chosen as one of the 12 @pantone Leading Spring Colors (and dubbed “Meadowlark”), it only makes sense that the bright hue stands the test of time and is making a resurgence this season, seen already on stars like @blakelively and @gigihadid. (📷: Donato Sardello & @rexfeatures) #wwdfashion #tbt
Dior’s 70th anniversary celebration continues with a new exhibition at the Royal Ontario Museum in Toronto. “Christian Dior,” which is scheduled to run through March 18, takes a look at the founders tenure from 1947 to 1057 and feature 40 designs. Pictured here is an evening gown from the Ailée, fall 1948-49 haute couture collection. #wwdfashion (📷: Brian Boyle)