Pal Zileri Men's Spring 2019

MILANPal Zileri is ushering in a new chief executive officer, Marco Sanavia, to succeed Giovanni Mannucci, who has agreed to end his collaboration with the brand’s parent company Forall Confezioni SpA.

Since January, Sanavia has held the role of director of human resources at Mayhoola Group, which controls Forall. Before that, he was director of human resources and organization at Forall and Pal Zileri from July 2014. He held a similar role at Geox from 2011 to 2014 and, prior, at Bottega Veneta from 2008 to 2011, after a stint at Gucci from 2006 to 2008. 

Mannucci joined Pal Zileri in October 2016 from Boglioli, which has seen its own share of changes after the arrival of a new owner, PHI Industrial Acquisitions, last year and of a new president, Francesco Russo.

Mannucci succeeded Paolo Roviera, who left at the end of July 2016 to join Corneliani under its new owner, Bahrain-based Investcorp.

In June 2017, Mannucci appointed a new creative director, Rocco Iannone, who is expected to remain at the helm of Pal Zileri. Iannone succeeded Mauro Ravizza Krieger, who exited after a three-year tenure.

A graduate of fashion and design school Istituto Marangoni, Iannone previously worked in the men’s wear department of the Giorgio Armani Group for 10 years.

Mayhoola, an investment vehicle backed by a private investor group from Qatar, first took a 65 percent stake in Forall in 2014. Two years later, Mayhoola bought the remaining 35 percent of the firm from Arafa Holding, representing the fund’s commitment to expand the brand over the long term. Mayhoola also controls Valentino and Balmain.

In June, Mannucci told WWD he was rethinking Pal Zileri with the help of Iannone, maintaining its essence but “applying it to the current context,” tweaking the idea that the suit is only fit for work and a formal or evening event, with “the goal and ambition” to create suits “worn for pleasure.”

In April, Pal Zileri unveiled its newly revamped Via Manzoni boutique in Milan, restyled by Iannone, during the city’s Salone del Mobile design and furniture show. With a site-specific installation in the boutique, the designer also presented a capsule collection of a new backpack in the same Rubelli fabrics seen in elements of the store. Iannone’s eclectic taste is reflected in the store, decorated with Philippe Starck and Gio Ponti seats contrasting with an 18th-century French gilded mirror and vintage wooden tables.

load comments
blog comments powered by Disqus