Pal Zileri Presentation at Milano Fashion Week Men's Fall 2017 Men's Fall 2017

MILAN — Pal Zileri owner Forall SpA and creative director Mauro Ravizza Krieger have agreed to part ways.

“This is amicable,” Giovanni Mannucci, chief executive officer of Pal Zileri, told WWD. “We have talked about the development of the brand and a change made sense for both of us.”

Mannucci said he is focused on a new strategy that will be presented in January 2018 and declined to provide details about a possible successor at press time.

Ravizza Krieger joined Pal Zileri in July 2014 and played “a key role” in the repositioning of the brand, said Mannucci.

Ravizza Krieger’s last collection for Pal Zileri is for spring-summer 2018 and will be presented on June 18 in Milan at the Rotonda della Besana. It is understood he will not be at the event. Ravizza Krieger has worked with Caruso, Loro Piana, Herno and Luciano Barbera, and his first collection for Pal Zileri bowed in January 2015.

The group’s Pal Zileri LAB collection will be showcased in Florence during Pitti Uomo running June 13 to 16.

The late Baroque Rotonda della Besana was also the set for Pal Zileri’s fall presentation, where Ravizza Krieger asked the company’s seamstresses to show 12 of the 180 steps needed to make a Pal Zileri jacket. Chalk stripes, houndstooth, glen plaids, bouclé Prince of Wales, velvet and damar were reproduced either on  a deconstructed coat in alpaca wool or for a seamless thermo-soldered puffer and showed relaxed silhouettes and softly tailored, yet sleek designs.

Last year, Mayhoola Group took full control of Pal Zileri through the acquisition of 100 percent of parent company Forall Confezioni SpA, representing the  fund’s commitment to expand the brand in the long term. The  investment vehicle backed by a private investor group from Qatar first took a 65 percent stake in Forall in 2014. Arafa Holding held the remaining 35 percent of the firm. Mayhoola also controls Balmain, the Valentino brand and has a stake in Anya Hindmarch.

The company was founded in 1970, in Quinto Vicentino, Italy.

In the Eighties, Forall collaborated with Luciano Soprani, Verri, Antonio Fusco, Krizia, Trussardi and Moschino to produce and distribute their men’s lines. The company went on to expand in the Nineties and developed Pal Zileri into a classic, highly crafted brand that employs top fabrics ranging from cashmere and guanaco to vicuña and is available in more than 70 countries.

As reported in April, Forall SpA is beefing up its executive ranks. Maurizio Beffa was appointed chief commercial officer of the Italian men’s wear group, while Bryan La Vine was tapped as managing director of Forall USA.

The two appointments reflect a new path charted by Mayhoola to develop its business around the world. Last October,  Mannucci joined as ceo from Boglioli, succeeding Paolo Roviera, who went to head Corneliani.

load comments
blog comments powered by Disqus