Got a Confidential Tip for WWD?
Do you have the next big story? Want to share it with WWD? We want to hear it.
Our submission form is completely confidential. Your name and email are not required to submit, but the strongest news tips include suggestions on how to obtain documentation or evidence that would substantiate the story.
Messages are reviewed regularly, but we cannot promise an individual response.
How to Submit Tips
WWD offers several ways to securely send information and documents to our journalists. No system is 100% secure, but these tools attempt to create a more secure environment than that provided by normal communication channels. Remember to review the details and disclaimers for each program to select the best method for your needs.
Fill out the form below with your tip. Check our recommendations for minimizing risk before sending.
Physical mail is a secure form of communication. If you wish to stay anonymous, leave out identifying information and use a public mailbox, not a post office.
You may call us directly. Take precautions to avoid using your personal phone to protect your identity.
- Los Angeles:
11175 Santa Monica Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90025
- New York:
475 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10017
11 Golden Square
London, England W1F 9JB
11 Rue Royale
Paris, France 75008
Steps you can take to stay anonymous:
- Don’t contact us from your home or work computer or internet connection. Use a public wi-fi network in an area where your screen is not visible to security cameras.
- Use separate accounts from the ones you usually use for email, Google, social media, etc. for contact and browsing activity related to your tip.
- Consider downloading Tor browser and using a secure operating system like Tails.
- Avoid personal communication with us via email, phone or social media. Someone investigating a leak may be able to discover you by tracing your habits.
- Delete everything. Erase documents, web history, messages, proof of contact, do not keep trails of communication or activity anywhere that is normally accessible.
- Don’t tell anyone that you’re a source.