If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, WWD may receive an affiliate commission.
It’s no secret that shopping for the best bra can be a challenge, especially when you have a larger bust. Not only can finding your proper fit and preferred style be tricky, but finding the best bra for large busts that’s supportive, comfortable and available in your cup size can feel practically like its own installment of the Mission Impossible franchise. Luckily, there’s a growing number of lingerie and underwear brands expanding their size offering and introducing buttery soft, stretch-friendly fabrics that provide all the support and won’t have you counting down to the moment you can finally take off your bra at the end of a long day.
Top Bras for Large Busts
- Best Spacer Bra: Montelle Intimates Sublime Spacer Bra
- Best Racerback Bra: Miel Racerback Bra
- Best Budget Bra: Playtex 18-Hour Soft Smoothing Wireless Bra
- Cutest Bra: Delimira Full-Coverage Minimizer Bra
- Best Tank Bra: Girlfriend Collective Dylan Tank Bra
- Sexiest Set: Adore Me Bianca Unlined Set
- Best Everyday Bra: Natori Pure Luxe Contour Bra
- Best Strapless Bra for Large Busts: Wacoal Red Carpet Full-Busted Underwire Bra
- Best Lace Bralette: Cosabella Never Say Never Curvy Bralette
- Best Bandeau: Skims Fits Everybody Bandeau
- Best Nursing Bra for Large Busts: Playtex Nursing Shaping Foam Bra
- Best Exercise Bra for Large Busts: Enell High-Impact Sports Bra
- Best Balconette Bra: Freya Underwire Balconette Bra
- Best Non-Padded, Full-Coverage Bra: Cuup The Demi Bra
- Best T-Shirt Bra: ThirdLove 24/7 Classic T-Shirt Bra
- Best Plunge Bra: Knix Wingwoman Contour Bra
- Best Full-Coverage Bra: Soma Smooth Full-Coverage Bra
- Best Minimizer Bra: Lively Comfort Minimizer Bra
- Softest Nursing Bra for Large Busts: Kindred Bravely Seamless Nursing Bra
- Best Lifting Bra: Curvy Kate Daily Balcony Bra
- Best Underwire Bra: Elomi Full Figure Underwire Plunge Bra
- Best Front-Closure Bra: AnaOno Pocketed Front-Closure Bra
- Best Push-Up Bra: Curvy Couture Tulip Bra
- Best Wireless Bra for Large Busts: Honeylove Crossover Bra
- Best Workout Bra: Signature Bloom Bra
How to Find the Best Bras for Large Busts
Susan Moses, celebrity stylist and author of The Art of Dressing Curves, recommends a capsule collection of bras for all your wardrobe needs. “For your T-shirts, fitted tops and blouses made in thin fabrics, you’ll need a full-coverage seamless bra with a plunging neckline,” she says. “When you’re wearing dresses or tops that are strapless, one-shouldered or racerback, you’ll need a bra with convertible straps. If your desire is to reduce your bust for a very fitted blouse or top, the minimizer is designed to decrease your bust by 1.4 inches and more.”
Stylist Kat Eves adds, “The elements you want to look for in a bra for a larger bust all come down to your goals and the amount of support you want.” Depending on your ideal fit and the occasion you’re shopping for, you may want to stock up on a few key styles. “If you’re looking for serious lift, you’re going to want to choose a balconette bra that has real structure, not stretch, in the cup to support your breasts over the day.” If you prefer a wire-free bra, you may want to try a seamless style that still offers support throughout the day. Rising brands like Knix and Honeylove specialize in those innovative styles that balance comfort and support for cup sizes up to HH. Brands like ThirdLove, Cuup and Soma have been go-tos for supportive T-shirt bras that also cater to women with large bust sizes, but there are some rising favorites to watch like AnaOno, Curvy Couture, BloomBras and Enell that both stylists count as some of their clients’ essentials.
Ultimately, how to choose the best bras for big bust comes down to two key things: personal preference and finding your proper size.
To find the best of the best bras for large busts, we consulted industry experts and scoured the internet for top-notch customer reviews. From everyday T-shirt bras to wireless bra designs, bralettes, sports bras and even nursing bras, these are the 20 best bras for large breasts to shop now.
Sign up for WWD’S The Essentialist newsletter to get the scoop on the best in beauty and style with in-depth reviews of exciting new releases and buyer’s guides to find the products you need to try ASAP.
Montelle Intimates Sublime Spacer Bra
Best Spacer Bra
- Available in band sizes 30-42 and cup sizes C-H
- Available in four colors, including black, sand, almond, and light blue
- Ultra lightweight and breathable 3D Spacer knit technology fabric
Light as a feather with all the support larger cup sizes need? Check. Montell Intimates’ Sublime Spacer Bra is loved by reviewers for its shaping and built-in support that doesn’t sacrifice any comfort. Made from a 3D knitted fabric that’s breathable and ultra-lightweight, this t-shirt bra features a 4-way stretch molded knit cup and double layer power mesh on the sides for additional support that’s especially helpful for fuller busts. Cup sizes go up to a size H and the band sizes range from 30 to 42.
What reviewers say: “This bra is my far the best bra I ever tried. I have been buying top of the line bras for years and this one surpasses all! I am a 40D and this bra gives me the best shape and most comfort ever with excellent support. It feels like you don’t even have a bra on. Try it! You will be totally satisfied.”
Miel Racerback Bra
Best Racerback Bra
- Available in sizes S-XL
- Available in 10 colors
- Fabric features built-in botanical antimicrobial protection against odors and stains
Opt for Miel’s Racerback bra for a soft, seamless style that still offers some support. If you deal with boob sweat (hello, relatable), you’ll love that its comfy microfiber and Spadex fabric blend features built-in botanical antimicrobial protection to prevent sweat odors and stains. Reviewers with larger busts are fans of its lightweight and breathable feel that still manages to lift and support. Available in a wide range of colors, this is one of those versatile bras to stock up on for lounging and low to medium-impact workouts.
What reviewers say: “I’m a 34DD with natural breasts. I’ve always needed extra lift when buying my bras/sports bras. I’ve never been able to wear a seamless bralette and it support me and look flattering. UNTIL NOW! The Miel seamless bralette is absolutely amazing in every aspect! It lifts and stays all day with no adjustment needed. It’s lightweight and breathable. I’m not in a rush to take it off like most sports bras. It’s the most comfortable bra I’ve ever owned. I purchased 7 total. I’m absolutely obsessed.”
Playtex 18-Hour Soft Smoothing Wireless Bra
Best Budget Bra
- Available in band sizes 36-48 and cup sizes B-DDD
- Available in white, nude, and gray
- Made using brand’s 4-way support design for extra coverage and support
For an affordable, budget-friendly bra (we’re talking under $20 on Amazon), Playtex’s 18-Hour Smoothing Wireless Bra is a go-to favorite. The brand’s 4-way support system offers higher sides for more coverage, wide straps, rounded cups to prevent spillage, and a smoothing back design. It’s available in three neutral colors, as well as in packs on Amazon. Some reviewers do note that you may have to go up a size, so keep that in mind before buying for the first time.
What reviewers say: “This bra is very comfortable! I like that it helps hide my back fat, and it supports the sides under the arm because the sides are higher. It has very good support for a wire free bra. It fits well and I don’t have to keep adjusting it, can barely tell it’s on. The only thing I don’t like is not being able to adjust the straps fully , it only allows adjustments half way. After reading the reviews I did go up a size. I normally wear a 38 DDD so I ordered a 40 DDD and it fits great!”
Delimira Full-Coverage Minimizer Bra
- Available in band sizes 34-48 and cup sizes B-F
- Available in over 15 pretty color choices
- Underwire design offers lift and support
It can be a struggle to find a bra that’s both pretty and supportive, but this Delimira style gets the job done. Available in over 15 colors to choose from, the lace-adorned minimizer bra features an underwire to lift and support. Reviewers love the affordable price point as well as the cute lacy design that feels special but still supports larger cup sizes. Some do note that you may want to size up, however, so keep that in mind before buying.
What reviewers say: “I finally found a bra that is comfy and hold me perfect! I normally wear size 38DDD but to fit correctly I had to order 38G. So to all you women out there, you have to go 3 sizes up in cup size and you will be so happy. I did all the work for you LOL. I have spent literally 700 dollars trying to find a bra that would hold up my boobs and fit nicely around them because of having children and gaining a lot of weight. So your search is over and it comes in a lot of nice colors.”
Girlfriend Collective Dylan Tank Bra
Best Tank Bra
- Available in sizes XXS-6X
- Available in 8 colors
- Sustainably made from plastic recycled bottles; and fabric is recyclable
Girlfriend Collective is loved for its expansive size range (which goes from an XXS – 6X) and eco-friendly fabrics that are made using recycled plastic bottles. As a bonus, most of the brand’s pieces are recyclable after you’re done with them, too. For those who want a tank bra, this style is a sworn-by favorite amongst those with larger bust sizes. Offering ample support that will have you feeling held in while working out or lounging, the Dylan Tank Bra is a longline sports bra that features a high crew neckline, contoured racerback, and built-in support band. As a bonus, its available in 8 colors with matching bike shorts and leggings so you can make a full set of it.
What reviewers say: “I absolutely love this top! It’s super cute and comfy. Most importantly it passes my upside down test, I wear a size 16 and ordered an XL and fits perfect. I’m an aerial instructor so coverage and hold for me is super important and this knocks it out of the park. I’ve been wearing about a month now and it’s holding up great! I immediately ordered 2 more.”
Adore Me Bianca Unlined Set
- Available in band sizes 30-38 and cup sizes A-H
- Available in five colors
- Sheer, unlined balconette bra features underwire and adjustable straps
Adore Me delivers on a wide range of bras and swimsuits catering to those with larger bust sizes. While the brand has a ton of bra styles — from everyday t-shirt bras to sports bras — its collection of sexy lingerie provides the fashion-forward aesthetic that’s sometimes missing from bras designed for bigger boobs. This sheer, unlined balconette bra is a bestselling set that comes with a matching pair of underwear (you can choose between two different cuts). The sexy style offers underwire and adjustable straps for lighter support that still holds you in.
What reviewers say: “Im a 34DD & this bra is sexy & still gives the support I need.”
Natori Pure Luxe Contour Bra
Best Everyday Bra for Large Busts
- Available in band sizes 32-38, and cup sizes B-G
- Buttery soft fabric that stretches
- Full-coverage with support
This super soft Natori bra is a tried-and-true favorite amongst thousands of reviewers who say it’s “flattering,” offers “a great fit” and is “the most comfortable bra [they’ve] ever owned.” Its full coverage with stretch fabric is ideal for fuller chests, offering support that still boasts a comfortable fit. The luxe lace straps offer a chic design element, though some reviewers note they can be visible through certain tops.
Wacoal Red Carpet Full-Busted Underwire Bra
Best Strapless Bra for Large Busts
- Available in band sizes 30-44 and cup sizes B-I
- Features a top and bottom silicone strip to keep the bra in place
- Convertible to traditional, halter, crisscross and one-shoulder bra styles with a three hook-and-eye closures on the back
Finding a strapless bra that actually stays in place is no easy feat, especially if you have a larger bust size. Wacoal’s full-coverage underwire strapless bra, however has silicone strips along both the top and bottom edges to ensure this bra stays put and doesn’t slip down throughout the day. The best part? This strapless style comes with removable, fully adjustable straps that can be converted into traditional, halter, crisscross and one-shoulder styles for more versatile wear. Reviewers rave that it’s the “best strapless bra” they’ve ever owned and swear it stays in place without any adjusting required.
Cosabella Never Say Never Curvy Bralette
Best Lace Bralette for Large Busts
- Available in sizes XS-XL, which includes band sizes 28-40 and cup sizes DD-H
- Specifically designed for larger busts DD cup and above
- Made of soft Italian floral lace that offers stretch
- Lined with power mesh for additional support
For those with larger bust sizes, finding a lace bralette that’s both supportive and comfortable can feel impossible at times. But Cosabella’s Never Say Never Curvy bralettes are designed specifically for cup sizes DD and above. The ultra-soft Italian floral lace has just the right amount of stretch and features a power mesh lining for added support. Available in a wide range of colors, this is a good comfy style to stock up on.
Skims Fits Everybody Bandeau
Best Bandeau for Large Busts
- Available in sizes XXS-4X
- Made with buttery soft smoothing fabric that molds to your body with Max-Stretch technology
- No-cut, seamless design offering support
- Pull-over style
- Machine washable
If you’re looking for a bandeau bra with a sleek but subtly supportive fit, Skims’ Fits Everybody bandeau has an expansive size offering up to 4X. The seamless and strapless design is made with a smoothing fabric and Max-Stretch technology for a comfortable and stretchy fit. Reviewers with large bust sizes love this one for its surprising support, with one customer writing, “I am a 40DD and my boobs fit into this bandeau. My boobs don’t weigh it down, and it fits better than a strapless underwire bra does, which is a really strong statement. I don’t have to pull it up constantly; it keeps my girls high and dry. I literally can’t wait till it restocks so I can buy one in ever freaking color.”
Playtex Nursing Shaping Foam Bra
Best Nursing Bra for Large Busts
- Available in sizes XS-3XL (sizes 32B-46DD)
- Adjustable front straps with Quickstrap clips for ease while nursing
- Smooth, wirefree design that flexes and stretches during body changes
- Affordable, under-$35 option
Finding a nursing bra that’s supportive and easy to adjust while nursing is never easy, especially for those with larger bust sizes. Playtex’s nursing shaping bra offers a flexible wrap design with easy-to-use front straps and closures. The wirefree, stretch fabric is designed to form to a mom’s body as it changes while nursing and post-partum. At under $35, it’s one of the more affordable options on the market, and available for quick and easy shipping on Amazon.
Enell High-Impact Sports Bra
Best Exercise Bra for Large Busts
- Available in sizes 00-8 (band sizes 32-50 abd cup sizes C-DDD)
- Wire-free, compression fit
- Moisture-wicking fabric
- Designed for high-impact workouts such as cardio
Moses cites this high-impact sports bra from Enell as a top contender for workouts. Featuring front hook-and-eye closures, this easy-to-put-on sports bra is made for high-impact exercises and activities. The moisture-wicking fabric is breathable and helps prevent sweating, while the compression fit ensures breasts are held in and supported. This one is wirefree and features double-layered cups for support.
Freya Underwire Balconette Bra
Best Balconette Bra for Large Busts
- Available in band sizes 28-38 and cup sizes B-HH (UK sizes)
- Molded cup underwire bra
- Smoothing and enhancing fabric
- Designed specifically for large bust sizes
Known and loved for its extended cup size offering, Freya’s selection of bras is a favorite for those with large busts. The underwire balconette bra features molded cups with underwire for soft but substantial support. Made with a smoothing and enhancing fabric, this bra is designed for a snug fit with a touch of retro style thanks to the chic tonal pinstripes. This brand runs in UK sizing, so be sure to consult Nordstrom’s size guide fit videos if ordering online.
Cuup The Demi Bra
Best Non-Padded, Full-Coverage Bra for Large Busts
- Available in band sizes 30-44 and cup sizes A-H
- Completely padding and foam-free
- Made with 3D spacer fabric, a more breathable material that’s long-lasting
- Seamless with flexible underwires
- Virtual fittings and fit quiz available for online bra shopping
If you prefer a T-shirt bra with no foam or padding, Cuup’s The Demi bra is a great supportive option for large busts. This seamless, full-coverage style features cups that are molded with a 3D spacer fabric, a more breathable, lightweight fabric that lasts longer and doesn’t crease. For those with larger breasts, the support from the thin cups without any added padding or memory foam is a game-changer. Garcia counts this style as one of the brand’s best for those with larger busts. As one reviewer puts it, “This style fits perfectly, and I get all the support yet don’t even feel like I’m wearing a bra if that makes sense, which is huge for us bigger-chested girls who already struggle to find a good fit.”
ThirdLove 24/7 Classic T-Shirt Bra
Best T-Shirt Bra for Large Busts
- Available in band sizes 32-44 and cup sizes A-H, including half cup sizes
- Made with ultra-thin memory foam that comfortably forms to your body
- Pleated straps to avoid slippage
- Super-soft micro jersey fabric
A bra with 100,000 five-star reviews may sound too good to be true, but ThirdLove’s best-selling 24/7 Classic T-Shirt bra checks all the boxes. Made with memory foam cups, this ultra-soft bra is designed to form to your body for a more comfortable fit. The flexible wires offer support without sacrificing any comfort, and the pleated straps ensure you won’t have to worry about slippage. ThirdLove is known for its size inclusivity and half-cup size offerings, which makes it easier to find the perfect fit for every breast size — and this style a clear winner.
Knix Wingwoman Contour Bra
Best Plunge Bra for Large Busts
- Available in 14 sizes options that span band sizes 32-42 and cup sizes A-H
- Completely wireless
- Extra side coverage to avoid overspill and side boob
- Molded foam cups for support
- Virtual bra fittings available
Though Knix may be best known for its leakproof period underwear, the brand also offers an expansive size collection of bras. A completely wire-free design, the Wingwoman Contour bra features a plunging neckline for ease in styling lower-cut tops and dresses. The added side coverage eliminates any overspill or side boob for a sleek, supportive fit. Knix’s sizing system includes 14 sizes ranging from Size 1 to Size 8++, and the brand offers online fittings if you have any hesitation about which size is best for you. As one reviewer wrote, “I am a large-chested and plus-size woman. During the pandemic, I’ve tried several wireless bras, and I swear this bra gives me an additional four to five inches of lift and is more comfortable.”
Soma Smooth Full-Coverage Bra
Best Full-Coverage Bra for Large Busts
- Available in band sizes 32-44 and cup sizes B-G
- Features wide padded straps to prevent shoulder pain
- Full-coverage design with a C-shaped underwire for lifting and shaping
- Smooth satin fabric
Soma’s full-coverage bra is a favorite amongst those with larger bra sizes. “I wear a 42G, and not only are there limited choices in the world of bras, but more importantly, there is very limited comfort!” one reviewer writes. “This Soma bra is by far the most comfortable and supportive bra I’ve ever worn.” The smooth satin fabric features a unique C-shaped underwire that expands around the sides to help lift and shape. Plus, the padded wide straps help relieve any shoulder pain that may occur after a full day of wear.
Lively Comfort Minimizer Bra
Best Minimizer Bra for Large Busts
- Available in band sizes 32-40 and cup sizes C-G
- Unpadded, double-layered fabric cups
- Convertible racerback straps for additional support and styling versatility
- Plush straps for extra comfort
Moses says minimizer bras are a great option for those with larger busts. Lively’s Comfort minimizer bra is a fan-favorite for its supportive design made with those who require D to G cups in mind. It features unpadded, stretch fabric cups and adjustable, plush shoulder straps that can converted into a racerback style. One reviewer says, “I always struggle with wearing professional dress for my job because button-ups don’t work and many clothes just don’t look right with a larger chest. I wear a 34G and it’s so hard to make clothes look cute because bras just don’t fit and aren’t comfortable. At least that was the case until I got this bra. It’s so comfortable but fully contains my chest, so there is no spillage and it stays in place, which makes wearing work clothes so much easier.”
Kindred Bravely Seamless Nursing Bra
Softest Nursing Bra for Large Busts
- Available in band sizes 30-42 and cup sizes B-I
- Ultra-soft blend of nylon and spandex
- Seamless design that’s underwire-free with soft padding for added support
- Adjustable clip-down cups for quick and easy access while breastfeeding
For new moms who want a softer, seamless nursing bra option, this one from Kindred has nearly 2,000 glowing reviews. The seamless stretch material molds to your body, providing a comfortable fit for larger bust sizes while nursing. Its easy clip-down cups allow for easy, one-handed access while breastfeeding or providing skin-to-skin contact with newborn babies. A favorite amongst Amazon shoppers, one reviewer writes, “I was desperately searching for a good nursing bra in my size, 42DDD, and my options were limited. It is by far the most comfortable nursing bra I have ever worn. I love that it has some lining (which can be removed) but I prefer it for modesty purposes.”
Curvy Kate Daily Balcony Bra
Best Lifting Bra for Large Busts
- Available in band sizes 30-38 and cup sizes DD-HH
- Made with Up-Front technology for better lift and forward projection
- Unlined cups
A favorite of Eves for large bust sizes, Curvy Kate’s Daily Balcony bra prioritizes a natural-looking lift. The sheer mesh panel at the top of the cups offers sexy detailing with support. Made using Up-Front technology fabric, this style provides forward projection and natural lift for those with fuller breasts. Make sure to consult the brand’s size guide, as sizing is listed in UK sizes.
Elomi Full Figure Underwire Plunge Bra
Best Underwire Bra for Large Busts
- Available in band sizes 32-46 and cup sizes up to K
- Back J-hook converts straps to racerback style
- Leotard back for smooth, bulge-free fit
- Underwire design
Elomi’s Full Figure underwire Plunge bra offers sexy sheer mesh paneling and romantic embroidery that make this pick a standout. Along with being a stylish, this option is versatile, complete with a J-hook in the back so you can easily convert the straps into a racerback or leotard back design for a smooth fit. With an underwire and supportive cups, this style offers a nice lift to those with large busts. Note that this bra is sold in UK sizes, so consult the website’s size guide before adding one to your cart.
AnaOno Pocketed Front-Closure Bra
Best Front-Closure Bra for Large Busts
- Available in sizes XS-3X (30-42 band sizes)
- Easy front closure
- Irritation-free design, made with breast cancer patients and survivors in mind
- Site offers fit quiz so you can find the best fit online
AnaOno was founded to create bras specifically for women with breast cancer or who have had breast surgery, and beyond. The brand’s unique offerings include options for those with two breasts, one breast, implants and no breasts post-maschetomy, making them inclusive for breasts of all sizes and shapes. Whether you’re recovering from surgery or simply looking for a supportive bra with easy front closures, the brand’s Rora Bra offers a comfortable fit with a touch of compression. The bra includes pockets that can accommodate modesty pads, prosthesis or lightweight breast forms if needed.
Curvy Couture Tulip Bra
Best Push-Up Bra for Large Busts
- Available in band sizes 34-46 and cup sizes B-H
- Soft push-up pads for a natural-looking lift
- Cage-strap accents for a sexy cut
- Power mesh wings for back-smoothing effects and breathability
- Convertible back straps
Both Moses and Eves count this brand as a favorite for themselves and clients with larger bust sizes. “If you’re looking for an everyday bra that is both comfortable and sexy, I’ll forever be a fan of Curvy Couture’s strappy Tulip bra,” Eves says. The soft push-up pads create a natural-looking lift that’s supportive for large busts. The Tulip bra features power mesh wings that offer back-smoothing and breathability, along with convertible back straps so you can wear it as a classic or racerback style. The sheer, scallop lace detail and cage-strap accents make this a sexy choice for date nights or special occasions, too.
Honeylove Crossover Bra
Best Wireless Support Bra for Large Busts
- Available in sizes XS-3X
- Includes a bonded cradle that offers support and lift without any wires
- Crossover-style bra for maximum support
- Comfortable stretch blend of nylon and spandex
If you’re looking for a wireless bra that still offers the utmost support, Honeylove’s Crossover bra is a must. Its crisscross design lends added support for large bust sizes, done in a stretch fabric that ensures comfort for all-day wear. Replacing an underwire, this bra is made with a bonded cradle design for natural support and lift. One reviewer wrote, “I didn’t expect this to support my DDD chest, but it totally gets the job done. And, it’s super cute, which is a major plus.”
Signature Bloom Bra
Also Consider Best Workout Bra
- Incredibly inclusive size range, available in sizes 28C-56L
- Easy front zipper closure
- Designed by women at NASA to redistribute weight for better posture and back support
- Features cinching cups, adjustable lifting straps and underwire-free support
“If you’re looking for a sports bra that actually holds up to its end of the bargain, this one genuinely lives up to its name,” Eves says. “This isn’t a stretchy bra that you just pull on like a tank top, but a smartly structured (but comfortable) bra that you zip up in front. Whereas a lot of sports bras simply offer a little compression (and usually require a second bra underneath for real support), Bloom bras deliver lift over compression, and I can personally attest that no bouncing will take place during your workout.” Designed to create a natural lift while helping with posture and back pain, this ultra-supportive bra manages to be completely underwire-free for a comfortable fit. Durable for exercise, this one raises the bar on sports bras for bigger bust sizes.
How to Find Your Perfect Bra Size When You Have a Large Bust
Whether you’re shopping in-store or online, finding your perfect bra size can be challenging, no matter what size your bust. Tania Garcia, Cuup’s director of fit, says the key is first learning about bra sizing. “Most of the bra’s support comes from the band, so we like to educate around measurements for the band and bust to inform sizing,” she explains. “Your bra size is a ratio based on the combination of measurements for band and cup.”
If you’re not sure of your bra size at first, Garcia advises trying more than one size. “We recommend picking your ‘true’ size and also your sister size,” she says. “Sister sizes are a collection of sizes that share the same cup volume but different band sizes. If you go up a band size, then you’ll want to go down a cup size — and vice versa. For example, if you measure at 34B, you can try sister sizes 36A or 32C. If you prefer a more snug band, then go for 32C. If you prefer a looser fit around the band with nothing too snug, then the 34B or 36A may be the way to go.”
Not sure if your new bra fits you properly? Garcia advises first trying on a bra with a t-shirt. “The band should lay nice and low on your back and fit snug on the loosest hook without feeling suffocating. The center gore should lay flat against your sternum, not stick out or dig in. You shouldn’t have spillage out of the cups, nor should you have any excessive gapping or wrinkling in the cups.”
And one final note to keep in mind? “One very important thing to consider is that almost everyone has one breast that’s bigger than the other,” Garcia says. “For our ladies who have a big difference between cups, we recommend accommodating your larger side, as it can be uncomfortable and unflattering to have the bra cutting in.
How to Find the Best Bras for Large Busts to Wear Under Summer Dresses and Tops
From halters to backless and strapless styles, summer’s most-loved silhouettes can prove challenging when it comes to finding the right bra to wear underneath. There are a few things to keep in mind when bra shopping for your summer wardrobe:
- Look for customizable straps: If you want a bra you can wear with a variety of tops and dresses, opt for a style with removable and adjustable straps that can be worn in several ways. This allows for racerback, strapless, and one-shoulder friendly styling all in one bra — which is versatile for everyday wear and special occasions, like weddings or formal occasions, so you don’t need a million different bras for every single look.
- Breathable, lightweight fabric is key: To avoid boob sweat and keep as comfortable as possible, look for lightweight fabrics that feature soft or removable cups and adjustable straps.
- Layer with bandeaus and bralettes: If you’re looking for something comfortable that you can layer under low-cut tanks and dresses, go for a bandeau or bralette style. Depending on the level of support you’re looking for, you can choose between a seamless bra for optimal ease or a bandeau with built-in underwire and removable cups if you’re looking for more support.
Meet the Experts
Kat Eves is a Los Angeles-based stylist and size-inclusive consultant. In addition to her independent styling work, she’s also a senior marketing strategist at Mto agency, where she provides creative direction and consulting to ethical and sustainable brands. Additionally, Eves has her own fashion blog called the Style Ethic, which highlights ethical brands and shopping tips, and co-hosts a podcast with comedian Jenny Zigrino titled Gaudy Positive, which celebrates “the misfits of the world” and people of all shapes and sizes, according to Eves’ website.
Susan Moses is a New York-based stylist, designer and author of The Art of Dressing Curves. Her clients have included Britney Spears, Queen Latifah, Brandy and Kathy Bates, among others. She is a former stylist for Mode magazine and has appeared on HSN to help dress plus-size audiences. She was also named one of the “Six Plus Fashion Power Players on the Rise” in Ebony in 2014.
Tania Garcia is the director of fit at size-inclusive bra brand CUUP. She was formerly a Fit Therapist for the brand, a role that involves guiding customers through online video sessions on how find their perfect-fitting bra. According to the brand’s e-commerce site, Garcia has been fitting bras since her early twenties.