If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, WWD may receive an affiliate commission.
Similar to shopping for bras for large busts, finding the best bras for small busts is its own form of torture. Finding a band and cup size that fits your needs means sorting through several ill-fitting, saggy, and uncomfortable T-shirt bras, sports bras, bralettes, and wireless bras. “When you look at the intimates industry, most companies design for the ‘average’ 36C bra size, which means that small-busted women often have to deal with awkward cup gaps that never seem to fill out,” explains Jaclyn Fu, co-founder & CEO of Pepper, an intimates company designed specifically for women with small breasts.
Even with the amount of data at your fingertips today, it’s still important to try several styles and brands to find the one best suited to your body. Since every woman’s breasts are shaped differently — even those with exact measurements — it can be tricky to guess what will work without trying something on. Still, many practical factors can help you to figure out where to start. Everyday T-shirt bras are great for work or for when you want more coverage and support. Wireless bras and bralettes are more suited for leisure or when you want something minimal. If you’re active, you’ll also want to find a high-impact sports bra that’s well-suited to your needs. Building out a range of styles for your diverse needs means that you’ll be ready for whatever occasion you have on the calendar.
Ahead, find the best bras for small busts that fit your needs and support you.
Top Bras for Small Breasts 2022
- Best Affordable Bra: Skims Cotton Triangle Bralette
- Best for Older Women: Calvin Klein Lined T-Shirt Bra
- Best Bra on Amazon: Hanes Comfortflex Fit Bra
- Best Molded Cup Bra: Natori Feathers Underwire Contour Bra
- Best Everyday Bralette: Cosabella Dolce Vita Bralette
- Best Maternity Bra: Hatch The Essential Pumping Nursing Bra
- Best Wireless Bra: Cuup Balconette Mesh Bra
- Best Unpadded Bralette: Parade Smooth Lift Triangle Bralette
- Best Bra with a Wide Band: ThirdLove Classic T-Shirt Bra
- Best Wireless Bra: On Gossamer Next To Nothing Wireless Bra
- Best Cupless Bra: True & Co. Lightly Lined Wireless Bra
- Best Sports Bra: Nike Swoosh Sports Bra
- Best Strapless Bra: Harper Wilde The Strapless
- Best Luxe Bralette: Araks Antonia Bralette
- Best Pull-On Bra: Mary Young Eden Bra
- Best Padded Bra: On Gossamer Push-Up Bra
- Best Sleeping Bra: Love Stories Satin Soft Cup Bra
- Best Snug-Fitting Bra: Pepper Classic All You Bra
- Best Bandeau Bra: La Perla Underwire Padded Bandeau Bra
- Best Bra with no Underwire: Negative Underwear Sieve Non-Wire Bra
Skims Cotton Triangle Bralette
Best Affordable Bra for Small Busts
- Size: XXS-4X
- Color: Bone, Light heather gray, Mineral, Kyanite, Soot
- Fabric: 90% Cotton / 10% Spandex
Versatility is key to comfort when it comes to bras. This soft bralette has adjustable shoulder straps and an elastic band with a hook and eye closure to ensure a snug fit. The soft cotton jersey cups are lined with mesh for additional support. Wear this bralette around the house for days when you don’t want much support.
What reviewers say: “I was skeptical at first to buy this bra, but now I’m happy that I did. So soft, so comfy, and form-fitting without cutting into your skin.”
Related: Skims Just Launched a New System of Bras That Seamlessly Mold to Your Body
Calvin Klein Lined T-Shirt Bra
Best Bra for Older Women with Small Busts
- Sizes: 30B-36DDD
- Color: Meadow, Black, Bare, White, and 9 more
- Fabric: 72% Nylon, 28% Elastane
- Notes: Machine washable
Calvin Klein is a brand known for its comfortable loungewear, from underwear to sweats, but its T-shirt bra is one to have on your radar. The full-coverage bra is made with memory foam, making it a great option for those who prefer a bit more coverage and support. The comfortable shape and adjustable straps make it easy to wear all day long. Try it under a silk blouse for the office.
What reviewers say: “It is so hard to find a good-fitting supportive, doesn’t dig in or gape, slide up in the back bra. So far, this one hits the mark for me.”
Hanes Comfortflex Fit Bra
Best Bra for Small Busts On Amazon
- Sizes: XS-3XL
- Color: Black, gray, white, nude, blue
- Fabric: 4% Nylon, 16% Spandex
- Notes: Wireless
If want a bra without an underwire, this bra is a great option because it still holds a cupped shape without the rigidity of a wire. The foam cups are soft and shaping and will keep you supported and comfortable throughout the day. The bra is flexible for smaller busts without discomfort or the risk of gaping. The light fabric is soft on the skin and breathable, too, great for warm days.
What reviewers say: “This is, for me, a just-about-perfect bra. It is wire-free. It is breathable. The straps adjust to that perfect point where they’re supportive but not digging into my shoulders.”
Natori Feathers Underwire Contour Bra
Best Molded Cup Bra for Small Busts
- Sizes: 30A-38DD
- Color: Cameo rose, Cosmetic, Glow, Cinnamon
- Fabric: 84% Nylon, 16% Lycra
This comfortable T-shirt bra is one to “definitely try if you are shallow busted,” say reviewers. The plunge cups allow for a V-cut shirt or a low-cut neckline. The molded cups are soft and add a natural lift that will keep you supported in style. Wear it on a night out under a sheer shirt, you won’t have to worry about it showing through.
What reviewers say: “The Feathers is my absolute favorite bra Nordstrom will ever sell.”
Cosabella Dolce Vita Bralette
Best Everyday Bralette for Small Busts
- Size: 28A-36D
- Color: Black, Fuchsia, Ice Pink, and nine others
- Fabric: 95% polyamide, 5% elastane
- Notes: Hand wash
Bralettes can be a great alternative to underwire styles for women with smaller breasts. The chevron lace used in this style from Cosabella is lightweight, breathable, and semi-sheer. Since bralettes tend not to be padded, they can be a great alternative for those who prefer something super light or no bra at all. Don’t be afraid to show this bra off and layer underneath a sheer top or a laced camisole.
What reviewers say: “This bralette provides just enough support under the breast with a thick band, but is still soft and stretchy to be a lot more comfortable than an underwire bra.”
Hatch The Essential Pumping Nursing Bra
Best Maternity Bra for Small Busts
- Size: S-XL
- Color: Petal, Sand, Black
- Fabric: 84% Modal, 13% Nylon, 3% Elastane
- Notes: One-hand nursing clips
For nursing moms, this lightweight bra can help take the hassle out of nursing or pumping. The pull-down design has built-in slits to allow you to easily nurse as discreetly as you would like to. The soft, stretchy fabric will help you to feel like you have both enough support and coverage. Since it doesn’t have structured cups, you also don’t have to worry about fit, as it will grow with you.
What reviewers say: “Best lightweight pumping and nursing bra.”
On Gossamer Next To Nothing Wireless Bra
Best Wireless Bra for Small Busts
- Sizes: 30A-36D
- Color: Black, Mocha, Mauve Chalk, Rhododendron, Dark Purple, Champagne
- Fabric: 74% nylon, 26% spandex
Sometimes the best bra is one that keeps things simple. This stretch design made of the brand’s signature Gossamer Mesh is light enough to feel almost as though you aren’t wearing anything. The wide elastic band is supportive even without an underwire. Plus, the thin straps are easy to hide under a top, even one with thinner straps.
True & Co. Lightly Lined Wireless Bra
Best Cupless Bra for Small Busts
- Size: XS-XL
- Color: Black, Desert, Peony
- Fabric: 77% nylon, 23% elastane
If you’re looking for a bra that bridges the gap between a more traditional shape and a comfy sports bra, this style is for you. This wireless bra has a wide, supportive band that will sit softly against your skin, even if you’re out on a walk. The brand’s first bras were made based on a 26-question quiz given to over 9 million women. So, you can count on the fit being tested by women of all shapes and sizes.
What reviewers say: “This is a fantastic transition piece that is supportive enough to wear with blouses but comfortable enough that I am not constantly tugging at the straps all day during meetings.”
Cuup Balconette Mesh Bra
Best Underwire Bra for Small Busts
- Size: 30A-38G
- Color: Black, blush, taupe, salt, sand, and 7 more
- Fabric: 79% Nylon, 21% Spandex
There’s a reason that I’ve purchased Cuup’s bra in three colors. The mesh cups, which are sewn and not molded, are designed to fit snugly without any gaping or rubbing. The thick straps provide lift and support without digging, and the band around the chest doesn’t get loose over time.
What reviewers say: “The bra fits very well, gives good support and feels comfortable on.”
Parade Smooth Lift Triangle Bralette
Best Unpadded Bralette for Small Busts
- Size: XS-3XL
- Color: Ketchup, Eightball, Mirage, Hot Honey, Candy Melt, and 4 more.
- Fabric: 85% Recycled nylon, 15% Elastane
- Notes: Made from certified recycled yarns.
If you constantly fidget with uncomfortable seams, you’ll want to try this triangle bralette. Parade’s design is made from the brand’s signature Universal fabric that is completely seamless. The shape has a low V-cut, so you’ll be able to wear it with lower-cut tops and tanks. Plus, the soft touch of the fabric also lays nicely under thin tops.
What reviewers say: “This bralette is so comfortable; great for everyday wear.”
ThirdLove Classic T-Shirt Bra
Best Bra for Small Busts With a Wide Band
- Size: 32A-44H
- Color: Soft Pink, Taupe, Mocha, Sienna, and 9 more
- Fabric: Nylon, spandex
ThirdLove has taken finding the perfect fit to the next level by designing bras that come in the normal range of cup sizes and in half sizes. This means more opportunities to find the fit that’s just right for you. The pleated straps offer an added anti-slip bonus, so you don’t have to worry about your straps falling off during the day. Plus, the wide range of colors means that you can build a collection for every day of the week.
Nike Swoosh Sports Bra
Best Sports Bra for Small Busts
- Size: XS-2XL
- Color: Red, White, Black, Pink, and 15 others
- Fabric: 82% polyester/18% spandex
- Notes: Made with at least 75% recycled polyester fibers.
Even with a small bust, when it comes to workouts that include running or jumping, you want a sports bra that can offer support. Nike’s medium-support Dri-Fit Swoosh bra is a personal favorite for its snug fit and breathability. Its sweat-wicking properties mean you don’t feel too sweaty or uncomfortable, even after a tough workout. Plus, the removable padding means you can add or remove it based on your own needs and comfort levels.
Harper Wilde The Strapless
Best Strapless Bra for Small Busts
- Sizes: 32A-42F
- Color: Beige, Tan, Brown, Black
- Material: 68% Nylon, 32% Spandex
- Notes: Oeko-Tex Certified Raw Materials
Strapless bras are the most tricky style to shop for. You want one that doesn’t slip and one you won’t be fidgeting with when you have it on. This style is made to sit snugly against your body without any risk of slippage. Plus, the front criss-cross detail helps to lift your breasts. Consider this style for formal occasions when you need support that won’t show.
Araks Antonia Bralette
Best Luxe Bralette for Small Busts
- Size: XXS-XL
- Color: Green, black, beige, brown, and 10 more.
- Material: 100% Organic Cotton GOTS Certified
- Notes: Made in the USA from organic cotton
Some days, you just want a bralette that you can comfortably lounge in, less about full support and more about just a bit of coverage. Arak’s Antonia bralette is just the thing. The cotton body is breathable and lightweight, while the crochet trim adds a touch of whimsy. On days when you want something but aren’t looking for tons of support, this playful bralette is perfect.
Mary Young Eden Bra
Best Pull-On Bra for Small Busts
- Size: XS-2X
- Color: Teal
- Material: 95% Rayon of Bamboo, 5% Elastane
- Notes: OEKO-TEX® Certified
If you prefer a cotton pull-on bra, try out this thoughtfully designed piece from Mary Young. The triangle cups fit snugly, while the scoop back adds a touch of style. The sturdy yet soft material will help you to feel supported in a minimal way. Plus, the fact that this bra offers a bit more coverage than other styles on the list makes it one that could double as a crop top with a jacket layered on top. Add this to your rotation if you’re looking for an everyday bra that won’t be fussy.
What reviewers say: “I’ve been anti bra in my day to day for some time now. But this bra is so soft, I forget I’m even wearing it! “
On Gossamer Push Up Bra
Best Padded Bra for Small Busts
- Size: 30A-36D
- Color: Black, Champagne
- Material: 100% Nylon
If you’re looking for a bra that gives you a bit of extra lift, then try On Gossamer’s take on the push-up bra. The twisted front and graduated push-up pads come together to add extra lift to your cleavage — in a natural way. The seamless fabric won’t rub or chafe, and the adjustable straps will help keep you lifted too. On occasions when you’d like to emphasize your chest, try this bra on for size.
Love Stories Satin Soft Cup Bra
Best Sleeping Bra for Small Busts
- Size: 32A-38C
- Color: Off-White
- Material: 69% polyester, 11% elastane, 10% cotton, 10% polyamide
Whether you like to sleep with a little extra support or just want to wear something comfortable during the day, try this satin and lace bra from Love Stories. The silhouette is inspired by vintage lingerie, and the wireless design puts comfort at the forefront. Decorative buttons at the center are a delicate addition to the thoughtful design. Plus, adjustable back and straps mean maximum versatility.
Pepper Classic All You Bra
Best Snug-Fitting Bra for Small Breasts
- Size: 30AA-40B
- Color: White smoke, Black, Tuscan, Cocoa, Sienna Rose, Merlot
- Fabric: 82% Polyamide, 18% Elastane.
“We decided to create the bra that we wished existed: one that fits our customers like a glove,” says Fu. Pepper’s bras take all of the necessary details into account. Shallow cups are designed to fit more snugly to the chest while the underwire and elastic used help to ensure you’ll be comfortable. Wear under a snug tee without fear of wrinkling or pulling.
What reviewers say: “It’s legit. Pepper solved the annoying issues of having smaller boobs and the fit is so comfortable. I’m replacing all my bras with these. Highly recommend it.”
La Perla Underwire Padded Bandeau Bra
Best Bandeau Bra for Small Busts
- Size: 30A-40B
- Color: Amaretto, Latte, Hazel-Coloured, Black
- Fabric: 70% nylon, 30% elastane
- Notes: Padded cups
When you’d like a bra that has a little lift, this comfy padded bra from the lingerie label La Perla fits the bill. The scoop underwire shape and padded cups are asking to be worn with a playful top or fitted cocktail dress. The stretchy lycra material won’t leave you fidgeting or fussing, but the shape will help to enhance your curves. Plus, detachable shoulder straps mean this bra works well with a strapless style too.
Negative Underwear Sieve Non-Wire Bra
Best Bra for Small Busts With No Underwire
- Size: 0-5
- Color: Black, Navy, Graphite, Slate, and 9 others.
- Material: 74% Polyamide (Nylon) 26% Elastane (Spandex)
To hit that sweet spot between an underwire bra and something sporty, try out this mesh style from Negative Underwear. The sheer Belgian mesh offers support and a smooth look without using a wire. The adjustable straps allow you to find your ideal comfort need. Plus, the sheer fabric makes this bra inherently a bit sexy while still subtle.
What reviewers say: “I’ve never had a bra that is as comfortable and supportive without a wire (that isn’t a full on sports bra).”
How to Find the Best Bras for Small Busts
- Support: When searching for a bra with the right fit, consider how much support you need and want. Details like underwire, bandwidth, and shoulder strap size can help to offer more support. “Surprisingly, some bra companies don’t even offer their styles in AA cup sizes, and when women with small busts can find bras in their sizes, they’re often ill-fitting,” says Fu. When looking for the right fit and support, a few things indicate a bra isn’t right. “The telltale signs are awkward cup gaps, underwires that dig at your side, and extra padding that doesn’t even feel natural.”
- Style: A range of bra styles can fit the different needs of women of all ages. For less support, you may consider a soft bralette or a style without an underwire. For more technical needs, something like a strapless or plunge bra may be more necessary.
- Spacing: Remember, not all breasts are the same shape, and not all bras are created equal. Finding the right size and spacing can mean exploring a range of bra companies for small breasts, experimenting with sizes, and choosing to adjust the band and cup.
How to Find the Best Bras for Small Chests to Look Bigger
- Fit: If you want to make your chest look bigger, there are many bra options designed with extra padding and lift to give off that impression. However, you’ll want a style that fits snugly and avoids gaping at the top since it will be uncomfortable and fussy. You’ll also want to ensure the straps are tight and the band across the chest doesn’t dig in nor feels too loose.
- Shape: The cup shape of a bra can fit your breasts in different ways. A lower-cut cup, like a demi cup, which covers half of the breast, can naturally show more skin if that’s what you’re looking for. In that case, you’ll also want to avoid bra shapes that offer too much coverage. On the other hand, bralettes may offer a more natural look but typically don’t offer the lift that an underwired style does.
- Padding: “At Pepper, we reimagined the push-up bra to celebrate and flatter what our small-chest customers already have,” says Fu. “Our signature Lift Up Bra gives you that extra lift and oomph without making you feel like less.” Look for styles designed with more gradual padding at the bottom, so it gently and comfortably lifts your breasts without creating unnatural cleavage.
- Styling: For low-cut tops and tanks, consider strapless or plunge styles, which are meant to hide beneath your top. If you’re looking to show off your bra, many lacy underwires and bralettes pair elegantly with a sheer top. There are even bra styles designed to double as a top — look for something with a wide band and triangle cups here to ensure you’re supported.
Meet The Expert
Jaclyn Fu is the co-founder & CEO of Pepper. She founded the intimates brand five years ago because, in her words, “I was tired of not being able to find a bra that actually fits me.” She is currently based in Denver.
Meet The Author
Aemilia Madden is a writer, editor, and brand consultant who has worked in the fashion industry for over eight years. She’s an Oakland, California native and Brooklyn resident. When she’s not writing about the latest fashion trends (including bras and lingerie), Aemilia is running in Prospect Park, testing new recipes on her friends, and trying to keep up with her New Yorker subscription.